Helpful Hints for Reading With Your Child
* Show enthusiasm as you read - don't make it seem like a chore.
* Try to read to your child each day for 15-20 minutes.
* Pick a time when you and your child are relaxed and interested such as bedtime.
* Point to the pictures and words as you read.
* Let your child help hold the book and turn the pages.
* When reading a familiar story, leave out words on purpose for your child to fill in.
* Ask your child to predict what the book will be about or what will happen next.
* Talk about the book or ask your child to describe a favorite part when you're done reading.
* Don't be afraid to reread old favorites. Kids can still learn from a book they've memorized!